Friday, January 23, 2009

Love Will keep us TOGETHER


So I landed in the Bay Area last night, some say i'm the illegitimate son of the Bay due to my slang and constant presence out here. They are pretty right. I'm out here to do a couple events with the homies, you know spread the good word. I've been doing this for a couple years and have always loved how much better I breathe out here, how many more trees I see out here. The air is beautiful out here, the food is so rich with freshness. There's also this air of revolutionary spirit out here too. I stay not too far from the old stomping grounds of the Black Panther Party and also the some the birthplaces of the civil rights movements in 60's. Berkeley is known for its radical heydays and white Rastafarian's. Which always reminds me of a hilarious SNL skit, actually the skit always remind me of Berkeley.



The Bay Area is a very progressive community. So I tried to absorb as much as I can while i'm out here. Especially this week.
We started the week with MLK's Birthday, then Obama's Innauguration, and it feels like a new day. Just the fact we have somebody smarter in the white house now above all. Also while watching the innauguration I can't help but watch the love. A very specific one, Michelle & Barack. I always watch them closely. There love is just so evident. It really gets me excited to have this example of support and pride in a relationship that is the center of the White House now. She holds him down, you can see that. We were warned about this day too. Captain and Tennille called it a long time ago...witness the awkward caucasion dancing at its best.









So if your in the Bay this week come by and kick it, We got a couple thangs going down. I got a bunch of Tees I will be slinging and also will be doing some Live Screenprinting in The Sco next week, I will def keep ya'll posted with photos and all.

CHECK OUT THE "EVENTS" SECTION OVER ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BLOG TO SEE THE "GOINGS ON".
I use Spongecell(spongecelll.com) for my events listing that is Updated across all MVMT websites from one interface. You can also email the event, post it to facebook or Myspace directly from the Widget. Its a great online productivity tool.



No comments:

Post a Comment